"We needed to find a way to keep all our of customers together on the same site,"
--Melanie Jeffs, Director of Digital Products, Orca Book Publishers
Orca, a Canadian-based publisher of award-winning books for children, teens and reluctant readers, used to maintain separate websites and e-commerce platforms for its various digital offerings. The company had its free teaching resources under its own domain, separate e-commerce stores for the U.S. and Candian booklists, and a third site supporting paid subscriptions to its Text2Reader language arts resources. Maintaining these disparate platforms was a headache and didn't provide a smooth customer experience."We needed to find a way to keep all our of customers together on the same site," said Melanie Jeffs, Director of Digital Products at Orca.
After closely examining a number of different e-commerce solutions, Orca selected the Tizra Digital Publishing Platform because it offered:
- The ability to mix paid and free content within the same platform
- Support for partitioning off subscriber-only content
- Remixing capabilities to support creation of new product offerings from existing content
- Simple management for updating publications and web pages
"The Tizra Platform was the best solution for our needs, providing all the features we needed -- making it possible to keep the same branding and site design across our online properties," continued Jeffs.
Orca was able to implement the Tizra-hosted teacher resource site and easily update it once their new overall site design was finalized. Since implementing the Tizra platform, Orca's digital revenues are already growing and they are enjoying the simplicity and flexibility of the Tizra platform including:
- Support for multiple content formats including MP3 audiobooks, Text2Reader subscription content, PDF ebooks, and free teacher resources
- Mobile responsive design templates to ensure the site looks beautiful on desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones
- Opportunities to segment and remix content allowing for sampling and free content delivery
- Promotional capabilities enable Orca to create special offer codes for subscribers
- Fast and easy content uploading
- Simple in-house management of content and commerce capabilities
Learn more about Orca's implementation of the Tizra Publishing Platform and what they are doing next by downloading the case study today!