In the print world, when you think about a reader’s user experience, you consider factors like the size and weight of a book, paper quality, typeface, layout and design. Moving to digital, some of these factors still hold true, but others are replaced with concerns such as speed, intuitive controls, cross-platform compatibility, plus as with any human interface, a host of intangibles. We’re always working to make the Tizra reading experience crisper, easier, and less distracting, because happier readers mean happier publishers.
|Tizra reader upgrade makes it easy to enhance content with interactive lightbox effects.|
The update builds on Tizra’s ability to provide usability and compatibility across all the most popular web browsers and viewing devices, and is now available to all Tizra customers.
- Speed -- e-reading should be as crisp, fast and simple as turning a page. Your readers are not going to tolerate delays waiting for content to appear. Tizra’s new e-reader makes better use of AJAX prefetching, greatly reducing the amount of data that needs to be transmitted with each page flip, and palpably increasing speed.
- Reliability -- the new e-reader uses an updated version of jQuery mobile as its user interface framework for more reliable performance across a wider range of platforms. We also squashed a number of bugs in the new implementation.
- Convenience -- Tizra now supports the use of the left and right arrow keys to turn pages forward or back. A small refinement that makes online reading much less distracting. Other usability enhancements include a more streamlined table of contents
- Interactivity -- this update also includes support for lightbox popups that allow for image enlargement without leaving the page (see above). The pop-ups can also be enabled for other forms of content such as video, Flash, or HTML, enabling publishers to create fully interactive multimedia experiences. In addition, the new reader offers enhanced linking options, including the ability to highlight specific regions within the target page, and publisher control over link attributes such as external or no follow links.
- Control -- lastly, the new reader provides publishers with more control over how their content is displayed, with the ability to upload custom markup elements for better branding and design flexibility, and more options for the sequencing and display of related content supplements in the slide-out sidebars.
So if you want deliver the best e-reading experience on the web, take a fresh look at Tizra. Contact us for a demo today.